Welcome to your P.S. 40 PTA! Every parent or guardian of a P.S. 40 student is automatically a member of the school’s Parent Teacher Association (PTA). As a member, you will be joining an enthusiastic and active PTA that raises money for, and builds community at, P.S. 40 through fundraisers, family events and support of school activities. Every effort – big or small – makes a difference and we invite you to participate in whatever way works for you.
To Learn more about the PTA and how you can get involved, we encourage you to take a look at the “Committees, Events, and How You Can Get Involved” section on this website.
We look forward to working with you this year to keep P.S. 40 going strong!
What does the P.S. 40 PTA do? The amazing volunteers of the PTA organize and run fundraisers and family events including Fright Night, Sports Night, book fairs, snack sales, reading olympics, the Annual Benefit, potluck dinners, and several charity drives. Parents assist with student music concerts, the student art show, school tours, photo day and many other school-related programs.
What does the PTA’s fundraising support? The PTA is able to fund so many wonderful programs for the school it is impossible to list them all, but here are some of the many items we are proud to fund:
- Teacher Assistants
- arts enrichment programs for grades 1-5 (e.g., circus arts, hip hop, ballroom dance)
- chess instruction for all grades, cooking labs, visiting author programs, band instruments, library books, and computer lab equipment
- classroom supplies, school newsletter and professional development for teachers.
How you can help: There are many ways to participate including:
- taking a shift during one of the PTA’s school-time, evening or weekend events
- working on a committee to plan an event
- soliciting auction donations, writing an article for the school newsletter or other work that can be done from home or during non-school hours
- donating money to the Fund for 40 – which helps to make many of the wonderful enrichment programs at P.S. 40 possible!