Principal Stephanie Lukas led a brief meeting on what to expect as your child transitions from 4th to 5th grade.
The notes below were taken by a parent representative.
Historical information was provided for the middle school application process (which is subject to change):
Two Websites to check for information:
- Fall: Middle school handbook provided to fifth grade families
- Fall: Watch for Middle School Tours and Open Houses (check schools’ websites to sign up for tours)
- Early December: Middle School Applications are due
- December – May: Interviews – each school’s has it’s own process and requirements (check school’s website for specific details)
- End of May: Decisions released
Teachers will practice mock interview skills with students to prepare them for the interview process.
Students must present a note from the DOE middle school after returning from school tours, as this will be coded an excused lateness.